CDC and DSHS guidance to self-monitor or self-quarantine
This is a blanket response to parents and employees who have self-reported. Please feel free to continue to use the email@example.com email for support, but we are not requiring that you continue to self-report. Mrs. Ramaker would for like all of you to be aware of this information. Please feel free to forward to friends and family.
We have received up-to-date information from the DSHS. The guidance asks us to encourage employees and families who have traveled to places such as: theme parks, rodeos, cruises, sports tournaments, and areas with a large amount of known cases of COVID-19 to self-monitor for a fourteen day period. With that being said, if you have any symptoms as small as a tickle in your throat, you should immediately self-quarantine.
General steps to self-monitor:
- The most important steps
- Take your temperature twice a day and record
- Practice social distancing
- If you have fever, cough, or shortness of breath
- Do not go out into public
- Immediately avoid contact with others
- Contact the Corpus Christi – Nueces Health Department to report symptoms
- After reporting symptoms, seek medical advice
- Call ahead before you go to a doctor's office or emergency room
- Tell them about your symptoms and guidance received from health department