I teach: Special Education Life Skills 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades at Fulton Learning Center
- On my 21st year of teaching Special Education Life Skills at ACISD.
- Highly Qualified Texas Certified Teacher of Special Education.
- Received the honor of Teacher of the Year at Fulton Learning Center for the school year of 2011/2012 and a Special Olympics Coach for Swimming and Bowling from 2005-2010 at Rockport Fulton Middle School.
- Gymnastics Coach/Teacher (PK-12th grade) for 3 years at Dolphins Gymnastics in Corpus Christi.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice - Specialized in Law Enforcement from Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Range and Wildlife Management - Minor in Biology from Texas A&M University - Kingsville.
- A published Author of 20 scientific articles: In my Undergraduate, Independent Study/Research, I was the first scientific researcher in Texas to discover the roundworm parasite (Baylisascaris Procyonis) that live in raccoons' intestines and does not harm the raccoons, but is very harmful and deadly to humans and other animals and birds. Due to my discovery of this harmful roundworm/parasite in Texas, further research has been conducted to find out which counties in Texas the roundworm is present and the development of public communications to inform the communities of this harmful roundworm and the safety prevention methods of how to avoid the roundworm.
My mission as a teacher is to teach as much FUN Reading, Math, Writing, Science, Social Studies, good behaviors, communication, Social skills, Domestic skills, and Vocation (Job) skills as I can to each one of my students. This will enable them to reach many of their projected goals when they are adults. My main goals are to consistently teach students to be as independent as possible, be organized and structured when working, always show respect to everyone, treat all students and people fairly, and show good behaviors with other students, their parents, and all other teachers and district employees.
I have a lot of interests/hobbies in my life since life is so full of interesting people. Some of my regular interests are: enjoying leisure and quality time with my family and friends, fishing and hunting with my 2 dogs (Cynbad and Drake), BBQing/cooking, when finding the time (watching the TV shows such as Survivors, Myth Busters, History Channel, Discovery Channel), learning new technology skills for a computer/IPad and trying to learn at least 1 new facts or knowledge a day from someone else. My main personal goal is to live my life in happy and positive relationships with my family, friends, and co-workers.
Books and Links
Collin Kerr's Schedule
|7:00 AM -||8:00 AM||Assist students' Bus/Car, brk, Morning Announcements-SS|
|8:00 AM -||8:45 AM||Domestic/Personal Hygiene/Writing Skills|
|8:45 AM -||9:30 AM||Vocation/Job Skills/Functional Math Skills|
|9:30 AM -||10:10 AM||Functional Academic Reading/Communications & OT Skills|
|10:15 AM -||11:00 AM||KERR'S CONFERENCE TIME|
|11:10 AM -||11:30 AM||OT Skills & Personal Hygiene Skills|
|11:30 AM -||11:45 AM||Assisting with my students' lunch time|
|11:45 AM -||12:15 PM||My lunch time|
|12:00 PM -||12:30 PM||PT Skills & Personal Hygiene Skills|
|12:30 PM -||1:15 PM||Functional Academics Science|
|1:15 PM -||2:00 PM||Functional Academics Math|
|2:00 PM -||2:45 PM||Functional Academics Social Studies|
|2:45 PM -||3:00 PM||Classroom Jobs/Get Backpack/Papers ready|
|3:00 PM -||3:30 AM||Students to their bus and/or car|
School Supplies List
ACISD is providing school supplies this year. BUT, Parents are greatly appreciated when they provide snacks for the class since i try to give a snack to each student each day. Water enhancers (grape, orange, strawberry, fruit punch etc...) are needed also to get the students to drink more water. If any questions, please email me at Lkerr@acisd.org or call me 361-790-2240. Many thanks in advance,
Parents, anytime you need to talk to me or ask a question concerning the education of your child, just call me at Fulton Learning Center at 790-2240 and I will talk with you or set up a teacher/parent conference time. If you call and I cannot answer the phone because I am in the middle of teaching, please leave a voice message and I will return your call ASAP.
Homework Instructions If Homework Is Given:
I encourage parents to give help to their child, if needed, but please do not actually do all the work for the student or just give them the answers. If and when homework is sent home, this is practice for the students to learn the material and information I am trying to teach them. Homework , if possible, should be in the handwriting of the student, not the parent. Team work with a parent and their kid is great for homework. Most homework that I would would send home would be the classwork that was not finished in class for whatever reason. Thanks parents for all your help and support. Homework is due the next day unless stated by the teacher in red ink with another due date.